A couple of weeks ago, Travis and I had a conversation one night while laying in bed.
I'm pretty sure it went something like this . . .
(please note: he was teasing me, but serious.)
T: Babe, do you think you could put your pillow all the way over on your side of the bed so I don't get pushed quite so far over by the end of the night?
C: What do you mean?
T: Every night I end up on the very edge of the bed, with you sound asleep in the middle of the bed.
C: No you don't! That is an exaggeration! I just scoot close to you to cuddle with you. You obviously roll away from me, putting yourself on the very edge of the bed.
T: I don't roll away from you. Your pillows take up 1/3 of the bed (I usually put two pillow next to me that act as a body pillow), you take up another 1/3 leaving me with the last 1/3. There are two of us. So we should each get 1/2. Not 2/3 and 1/3.
C: I don't take up 2/3 of the bed!
T: Yes, Honey. You do.
C: Well, I was use to sleeping by myself for 28 years. I should get at least a years learning curve.
T: Yes, Honey. You should.
And then I woke up this morning and found this . . .
The truth hurts.
I AM A BED HOG!!!
4 comments:
Oh Darn! Don't you hate to have to admit to the truth of things??!!
Papa and I used to sleep that way, but now in our king sized bed, we are so far away from each other, you wouldn't even know the other one was there! That is what you need!!! A KING size bed!! They are great!!!
We love you!
hahaha...I love that you had that conversation...Daivd and I too had that conversation not too long ago. Although, part of the reason he only gets a 1/3 of the bed is because Maggie gets a part of bed :( but I too am a bed hog, although I don't admit it to him...hahaha!!!
Don't feel to bad, one morning I woke up and Steve was on the couch... he claimed that I literally pushed him out of bed in the middle of the night and when he hit the floor he decided he would sleep better on the couch.
Haha - too funny! I wouldn't consider either of us to be bed hogs, but Jeff is notorious for taking the sheets with him when he turns over during the night, leaving me on the short end of the covers. This morning I made a point to indicate before I got out of bed just how many of the covers he had stolen - almost all of them! He too claims he isn't aware of doing this, which makes me wonder how it will ever change. Wait a minute, let's be honest; we're 6 years in to this whole marriage thing - I don't think it's going to change at this point! All in all, I'm okay with that. :) Love and miss you guys! I went to Anthro the other day and thought of you. :)
Post a Comment