This is my niece, Sirri...and she is my little buddy. I was lucky enough to live in the same town as Sirri for the first year and a half of her life, so we got to spend lots and lots of good time together. Because of that, she has always been very special to me. She's the closest I have come to somewhat understanding real, unselfish love...the kind of love a parent has for their kids and ultimately the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I'll never forget the day she was born and walking into that hospital room...I cried like a baby...and my brother in law still teases me about it. It was a very overwhelming feeling for me. A feeling I was not expecting to have. I didn't expect to love someone I had never met instantly...and so much! It was a feeling I had never experienced and it was powerful!
Well, I think Sirri deserves a special "shout-out." It was her birthday on Saturday and she turned the big F-I-V-E. Sirri has really been looking forward to this birthday and told me numerous times...and very proudly, "Aunt Cindy, did you know I'm going to be FIVE?" And when I called her on Saturday morning I felt really bad when she asked me if I was coming to see her that day and I had to tell her no (even though I was there the weekend before). Anyways, I hope you had a great birthday on Saturday, Sirri. I thought about you several times. I am glad you were able to go the zoo and have a fun-filled day with your family!
Also, we recently got some news about Sirri's health that has made all of us nervous. (Check out Lisa's blog for a full update). More than anything, I just wanted to tell Sirri how proud I am of her...I think you are the bravest little girl, Sirri! I hope you know me, Grandma, and Grandpa are all praying and fasting for you and we know Heavenly Father is watching out for you, your Mommy and Daddy, and Connor and Meg. I know Heavenly Father loves you SO much and will always take care of you!!!!
I love you, Squish. Thanks for being my little ray of sunshine!
14 comments:
tears, tears, and more tears!!!
she is the squishiest! :)
I hate that our little girl is going through this. I am on the brink of tears constantly and have my phone will me all the time. The ward has been amazing in helping out with Connor and Meggers. I am staying with them at night so they can sleep in their own beds. Boy does Connor miss his parents. He is really struggling to figure out why they aren't home. Keep him in your prayers too. Love you.
Welcome back! I enjoy seeing your updates, too Sweetie! Isn't it just too fun to have "little buddies?" I know what you mean about loving something so much. As a mom and a nana I get that feeling about all my "little buddies." You didn't think you could love anything more than your child, but then along comes grandchildren. Sirri can feel safe in His love, because we know it is even stronger than ours and she has a lot of love in this family. Love you, Aunt Penny
So happy to see you blogging again! Yea yea yea!
Hi Cindy!!!! How are you! You are so cute, especially with those silly faces. You look like you are having a lot of fun! Keep in touch!
Those are some cute kids!
I am so glad you are back, Honey!!!
I used to wonder how I could have so much love in my heart for so many! It just goes on and on!!
Thank our Good Lord!! He makes it all possible! We know he was watching over our little Sirri all the time and never even thought of things turning out any different!!
We love all of you just as you love
Sirri, Connor and Meg! Wait until you have your own!! Yes, you will one day!!!!
We love you!
I had to add another little note - when are you coming over to have that dish of ice cream on the patio? I haven't forgotten about that!! I know a lot has been going on, so we will have to catch up!!! OK??
Love you!
cindy - i am so glad you're back into the blogosphere!
hip hip hooray!
plus, a hip hip hooray for that litle sirri!
Helloooooo! When do we get another blog from our Cindy???!!!
We are waiting!! I know you have some things to blog about, Honey!!!
WE love you!
WHY ARE WE NOT BLOGGING FRIENDS. I AM SO MAD...IT TOOK US THIS LONG.
you are so gorgeous! i haven't seen you for so long! i am so glad that kristie finally decided to become a blogger so that i could get your blog address. i want to see you at christmas time!
Hey girlie.....thanks for being the first to comment on my blog!!!! Oh and who says we still can't talk until 2 in the morning. Hope all is well and I loved seeing the old pics of our gorgeous leadville address. Your room has such a shabby vibe. Love it!
Kristie
Well ... it's from all the way back in August but I'll take whatever I can get! :) I'm really proud of you for getting back out there Cindy!! I LOVE reading you, Lisa and Kimberly's blogs and I soooo hope you find the time to update soon! I love you and miss you sooooo much! xoxo
Post a Comment