Monday, September 21, 2009

labor day at gold fork.

With Travis being in school and both of us working A LOT these days, we don't see each other much. So, you can only imagine my happiness when I found out he didn't have school OR work on Labor Day. So, we took advantage of the little holiday and took a road trip up Highway 55 to Gold Fork Hot Springs and enjoyed a day in the mountains!


One of our favorite treats . . . fresh pico de gallo and delicious, locally made tortilla chips!


This place was awesome. It was tucked away in the mountains and had 5 different pools, all different temperatures! One of the pools even had sand imported from the beaches of Hawaii in the bottom. It made me want to go back to the islands . . .


After soaking in the hot, mineral pools we headed into McCall and got some burgers and shakes at 'My Father's Place' . . . one of my favorite Ma & Pa burger joints, ever!

Such a fun day! Too bad we don't have any more holidays for a couple of months . . .

10 comments:

Corrina Baker said...

Hi Travis,
You don't know me, but I'm Cindy's crazy Canadian friend. I was wondering if you are going to buy Cindy lots of diamonds anytime soon? I have until June next year off on Maternity leave, so if you woudn't mind getting hitched by next June that would work into my schedule quite well. Oh, and can you make sure that you have a dancing reception. I don't get out much these days and you have to see lara's mad moves.
Cherrio,
Corrina Baker

Roo said...

How FUn!!! you guys look like you have a great time.
I love you Cin.

Ps I changed you invite. if you didn't get it for some odd reason let me know!

robin said...

oh my gosh, i totally echo corrina's hilarious comment. too funny! i love it!

Grandma W. said...

You kids find the most fun things to do!!! That is so great! I still say, "what a trooper Travis is"!! Keep it up! That is what makes life fun!

lara said...

uh, ditto corrina. middle school dances aren't doing it for me. i need to unleash the beast and a wedding reception would be the perfect place to do it.

Aunt Penny said...

Sounds like a fun time. You two seem to have fun with whatever you do. That's great! Love, Aunt Penny

Kemp said...

Okay Ryan and I need to hit up these hot springs! They sound divine and unlike the hot springs i've been too. They are all either too hot or way too cold. I must find out where they are and the details. I will be calling you shortly. :)

Nicole said...

You two are so cute and always doing the most fun things. Those hot springs look neat, I might have to do it next time I make it to Boise!

The Bakers said...

lara.....unleash the beast! I'm really laughing now. I can't wait to see the beast.

robin said...

okay cindy. i need a new post already.