It started out at work on a Monday afternoon, late in September. The phone rang and I noticed it said "URS Corp". Without any hesitation, I took the phone off the hook, handed it to Tyler (boss man) and said, "it's your dad". Next thing I hear is, "Cindy? Ya, just a minute", and Tyler hands the phone back to me. The conversation went a bit like this:
Cindy: "Aubry?"
Aubry: "I had to track you down immediately! I called your Mom and had to get your phone number at work. It is an emergency!"
Cindy: "Well, hi! How are you? What is going on?"
Aubry: "Hold on. Let me see if I can get my phone to do something fancy" {I hear clicking noises} "Ok, you there?"
Cindy: "Ya."
Andi: "Hi, Cindy Lou!"
Cindy: "Whoa! Andi! Hi! What's going on?"
Aubry: "What are you doing this weekend?" {I can hear Andi giggling and acting very excited}
Cindy: "Not much. Speaking in church and Travis and I are suppose to go on a date."
Aubry: "What if we came this weekend and we went to the Jason Mraz concert?"
Andi: "I'm ready to purchase a flight to Boise right now if you say yes!"
Aubry: "And I'm ready to purchase 3 tickets to the concert right now if you say yes!"
Cindy: "YES!!!!!"
So that's how it went and 5 days later Andi, Little Miss Olive, and Aubry were here in Boise chillin' with me for the weekend.
Saturday morning we went to the BODO Farmer's Market and shopped all around downtown . . .
We also hit up the cupcake shop in Eagle. That was my first cupcake experience and Aubry's 1,199th . . .
And here he is . . . the one and only {and um, sexy!} Mr. Jason Mraz. The second he made his way on stage I felt like a giddy college girl again! I instantly longed for {dirty} green shaggy carpet, cold winter nights and Andi and her guitar . . .It was so fun to have Andi in town for a few days, hanging out like we use to. I think this is the first time we've been back in Boise together since the college days and hung out the way we did. I love this girl . . .
And only as Aubry would do, she brought Robin along for the experience. What I would have given to have more of you Shanty girls there for real! Oh, the Shanty loves Jason Mraz!

Thank you, ladies, for making the quick trip to come see me. Ok, so maybe I was the added perk to Boise, but I'm sure glad Jason got you here ;)
6 comments:
man i wish i could have been there.
oh wait, i was!
thanks for including me ladies. but really, let's together already, for reals.
How fun it is to get together with old friends!! We still do with our "old" friends - clear back from the fourth grade. Now, that is a loooooooong time ago!! But, still fun!
I think Andi and her Dad do better music than the fellow at the concert!! And, she has such a cute little girl!!
Love you!
Oh, I didn't mention how cute Aubry is too, but I didn't know her like I did Andi, so I hope she will forgive me!
Love you!
yeah for mr. sassy slacks. thanks for letting us come.
Oh man that sounds like a fun weekend with good friends. I must say the Jason Mraz concert looked unbelievable.
thanks, grandma. i'm pretty fun, if i do say so. spontaneous too.
sassy slacks and super boots. can't wish for anything more in this life.
that was fun. super fun. i long for the year 2004.
Post a Comment