Like I said, I woke up with a migraine and was not feeling well at all. I was so sad because Travis and I both had the day off and we were planning to do something fun all day long. Instead, he found himself at home tending to his sick, sick girlfriend. After taking two of my migraine pills, I finally kicked the migraine at about 3:30 and we headed out to run a few errands before our New Year's party at our friend's house.
We got all dressed up and partied the night away with some of our very favorite friends. The picture above was taken about 15 minutes after the stroke of midnight, and as you can tell, Trav looked devilishly handsome.
We pretty quickly said our goodbyes to our friends as Trav had to work the next morning at 6:45 a.m. so we needed to get him home to bed. So we were out the door by 12:30 a.m. As we were driving out of our friend's subdivision, Travis turned to me and said, "Do you think we could find that park we went to on our first date?" I didn't think much of this as we have been talking a lot about our first meeting, our first date and the first time he so slyly got my phone number, as they all happened about one year ago, between December 14, 2008 and the second week of January of 2009. Anyways, I responded, "Definitely!" And then rest of our conversation went like this . . .
Travis: "I just can't remember exactly where it is. Was it on McMillan or Ustick?"
Cindy:"I'm pretty sure it was on McMillan and Meridian."
Travis: "No, I know for sure it was on Ten Mile. So it has to be on Ten Mile and McMillan."
Cindy: "You're totally right. McMillan and Ten Mile. Let's go find it right now!"
(a little pause from Travis)
Cindy: "Actually, it's ok, Babe. You have to be to work in just a few hours, we'll go another night."
(another little pause from Travis)
Travis: "No, let's go. I've got a few minutes for you, Babe."
So we drove to the park, found the place we parked one year ago and Trav turns to me and says, "I know it's cold outside, Babe (it was raining, freezing and there was 6 inches of slush on the ground and I was in a dress and peep toe heels), but we're here so let's just see if there's a little shoveled area." I quickly agreed, I figured I could take being cold for 5 minutes for this handsome boy and I said, "Should I bring my camera? Ya, I will.", without even letting him answer me.
We got out of the car and like I said, there was puddles and serious slush everywhere. So, he picked me up and carried me all the way up the little hill in the park to the covered area. He put me down, told me he loved me and said a few other sweet things and then said, "Let's go check out the fountain." We walked over to the fountain, he hugged me and told me he loved me again and then said, "Cindy, I have a proposition for you." I said, "Ok, what is it?" Then he paused and said, "Well . . . " and I looked at him confused and said, "What?" He replied, "I'm just trying to remember how to do this" At that instant, my heart dropped and I thought, "NO WAY!" and next thing I knew, that darling boy was on his knee, in the slush, holding out a beautiful ring, asking me if I would marry him! I was so shocked, I didn't answer right away. And then, reminding myself he is the best thing that has EVER happened to me, I said, "I think, yes. YES! Of course, YES!!!!"
I am thrilled and beyond happy to be marrying Travis. Never did I imagine finding someone like him (seriously). He is patient, selfless, funny, so kind, hard working, a devoted priesthood leader, handsome, intelligent, ridiculously respectful of me and just makes me downright happy. I've never felt so happy and good, EVER. It's amazing and a pure blessing. I like how Aubry puts it best . . . "He's the nicest boy in Boise!" And he's ALL mine!
14 comments:
That is the sweetest proposal!! I am SO happy for you! He sounds like an amazing guy. Congratulations!!
Congrats Cindy I am SOOOOOO excited for you! That is awesome!! marriage is the best thing ever. It is awesome to wait it out for the right guy=)
Wow, Cindy, that is so wonderful! Congratulations! I am very happy for you!
- Cousin Christie
woot woot triple woot.
and an extra special woot for a short engagement. bring it, wedding plans...
CONGRATS! So happy for you Cin!
we're still just as happy as ever for you! I think Sarah and I will have to make a countdown chain for the big day.
CAN'T WAIT!!!
love you both!
Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you.
He sounds wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
Robin's mom
cindy!! i'm so excited for you, you deserve only the best, and seeing how perfect travis treats you, you guys were meant to be. congratulations! i love you!!
Congratulations!! We are so happy for both of you! We love Travis
and know he will be a wonderful husband! Just like your Dad!!
My goodness!! Our last granddaughter getting married!!!!
Wonderful!!
We love you!
Cindy, we are so happy and excited for you!! Lara called us after she got your early New Year's Day call and told us about your engagement. Travis is a keeper -- I was so impressed with him when we met at the Logan Marathon. He treats you like the queen you are and was so considerate of Lara on her big day. You are a darling couple with all your priorities straight. Have fun with the wedding plans and know that we are thrilled for you!!
Love, Diane Formisano
cindy's getting married in the mornin...lalala! ok, in the afternoon on march 25th, but this is the BEST news ever. love it!
And your parents could not be happier! (And no not because you are moving!) You are just so happy and we love Travis. Diane is right, he treats you like the queen you are and you are darn good to him as well! You will have a wonderful life together!
We love you both,
Mom
Congrats Cindy!!! I am so excited for you. You seem to be so happy and totally in love with him. What a wonderful guy. You are great... I would have been like, no way... it's too cold I'm not going out there. I would have gone kicking and screaming... you're awesome. Wish the best to both of you. Enjoy planning your wedding!!!
Post a Comment