Tuesday, August 31, 2010

celebrate your birthday with a splash!

Two weeks ago, when Lisa was here in Boise with the kids for a week, Travis and I took Sirri and Connor to Roaring Springs Water Park to celebrate their birthdays, which had been just a few weeks prior.

Travis and I went to the water park together a couple of weeks earlier and got the idea to take the kids for their birthdays. We had SO. MUCH. FUN. I love the water park as is. But going with a six and seven year old who love the water just as much as I do was a blast!


Sirri was my buddy for the day, and Connor was Trav's. Sirri and I always road the water slides together, hung together in the lazy river, played together in the waves at the wave pool and vise-a-verse for Trav and Connor.

Just try to tell me this isn't the CUTEST picture of Connor Man.


Just like me, Sirri LOVED the lazy river. I think if she could have, she would have spent the entire eight hours in the river. I had so much fun playing in the river with her . . . lounging in tubes, playing shark and dolphin, catching the rapids from the waterfalls, and laughing a lot. A couple times around that river with her and you are worn out.


This is how we entertained ourselves while standing in line for 30 minutes for one ride.




This was both of the kid's favorite water slide, Racing Ridge. They loved being able to go down one of the big slides all by themselves . . . and racing each other, of course. I think that is why Connor liked it so much . . . a chance to compete against his older sister.


Trav and I had such a great day with the kids at the water park. One of the most fun days of the summer, for sure. We think we've started a new tradition for ourselves . . . no more birthday "presents" for our nieces and nephews . . . we are going to do birthday dates!

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I let the kids look at this this morning while doing hair and they LOVED it. You should have heard them talking and talking and talking about that day. What a fun way for them to start their day...reliving one of their favorites! It was sweet.

Thank you again for such a special day!

LOVE YOU BOTH!

Grandma W. said...

What a great thing for you and Travis to do for the kids! I know how much they must have loved it!
They love the water so much! I think your Mom is responsible for that and I think it is great!!!
Lots more fun than opening a present for sure! You are such a wonderful Aunt and Uncle!!!
We love you so much!