Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Family Fun Day.

A couple of Saturdays ago, right after the Atchleys moved to town and the Jensen clan came to visit for the week, we spent the whole day together as a family at Sandy Point. As kids, we use to spend lots of Saturdays there together. It was so fun to go back . . . with a much larger family!

I remember the water being REALLY cold when I was kid, and it still is. Painfully cold, actually. We all decided it was a must to swim out to the middle of the "lake" to the fountain. Oh my, I drink water warmer than that water we swam in! I was a total baby about getting all of the way in the water . . . it took me a few minutes to get up the guts to completely go under (and I'm pretty sure I whined about how cold it was a lot of the swim).


The bravest and least whiny of us all were Sarah and Luke. The freezing temperatures didn't phase them one bit. Look at that happy, happy baby!

The kids had fun digging in the sand, getting real dirty and building "Ice Cream Island".






I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have the Atchley crew living here now. I'm sure it will bring Lisa and the kids to Boise even more and we'll be able to have these family days more often!

1 comment:

Grandma W. said...

Oh my gosh! What a fun day you all had!! Mom told me you had all gone. Gosh, we used to go up there all the time when our kids were little! Sometimes, I yearn for those days again! They were all so cute too!! And, then came along all you Bigelow kids! More fun!! Time goes by waaaayyyy too fast! I would like to be able to put a stopper on once in a while!!
Yes, it is nice to have the Atchley's in Boise! And, I know
this is the right thing for Rich!
And Kim and the kids! The future will be better for all of them!
We love you!