Friday, June 17, 2011

the simple pleasure of a bike ride.


Yesterday we went on our first "long" bike ride.  Although, I really don't feel like I am aloud to call it "long" when Lara is off riding hundreds of miles up and down the steep, steep slopes of the Rocky Mountains this week.

In the morning, I rode with Trav to his work and I continued on from there to my folk's house to spend the day with my sisters, Mom, Grandma, and nieces and nephews.  After work, Trav rode to my folks house and we spent the evening there swimming with the kids and eating dinner with the fam.  

After dinner we rode home on the Greenbelt (a paved path that runs 30ish miles along the river thru the whole Boise valley) together and had such a lovely time.  It was a beautiful, cool evening and everything along the Greenbelt was so green and lush! 


 We racked up a little over 22 miles on our first ride and we loved every second of it!  We can't wait to do it again and again.  After that ride we were 100% confident in our decision to buy the little more expensive bikes.
 


Here's to a summer full of bike rides!

2 comments:

lara said...

any bike ride is a great! i love it!

i'll be sure to buy you and travis some chamois butter. trust me, it gets a little crazy.

lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.