It's of course been a wonderful weekend around the Worwood home. Well, I guess we weren't 'home' much this weekend, but it was still a really good one.
Trav's little brother, Justin, was in town so it was full of doing fun things with him and the rest of the Baker clan . . .
Friday night after both of us got home from work we headed over to the Bakers for some pizza and salad. After which we went and saw Inception. WHOA. If I've ever come close to a heart attack, it was watching that movie!
Saturday morning I picked up our Bountiful Basket with my sister, Kim. It's a highlight of my week. Not only because we get a fridge FULL of yummy fruits and veggies, but it's some great sister time. I can't tell you how much I have LOVED having a sister close. There's nothing like a sister.
Saturday, late morning, we headed to the stake center for a baptism of an older couple, the Normans in our ward. What a wonderful start to a day! The spirit was so, so sweet and the Normans so happy. We are so happy they have found and fallen in love with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is in our lives!
Then, Saturday afternoon we made our way to Meridian Lanes for some bowling. Now, if you know my Trav, you know he l.o.v.e.s. himself some bowling. So combine hanging out with his little brother and bowling and I have a very happy Trav.
Fred Meyer (Trav's mom and step-dad's employer) does a bowling fundraiser for the Junior Achievement program every year. And because we have Cindy (my mother-in-law) as a great and kind hook-up, we got to bowl and eat pizza for free. So add free to that combination above and you have a REALLY happy Trav!
After bowling on Saturday night, we headed to the Bakers for some dinner and games. We played Five Crowns and Trav smoked us all. Well, I think I was just a few points behind him. I was trying my hardest to beat the guy!
Sunday after church we were planning to go to my Mom and Dad's house to see the family, but time was going by much to quickly so we just stayed home and enjoyed our afternoon and evening together.
We were home taught, delivered treats to some of the families we home teach, made some more delicious homemade eclairs for the young women and amigo pie for dinner, and finished the night by watching Big Fish together. I'd never seen it and it's one of Trav's favorites so he rented it from the public library this week. That's Trav's new favorite thing these days . . . the public library. He has rediscovered the joy of free books and movies!
We were home taught, delivered treats to some of the families we home teach, made some more delicious homemade eclairs for the young women and amigo pie for dinner, and finished the night by watching Big Fish together. I'd never seen it and it's one of Trav's favorites so he rented it from the public library this week. That's Trav's new favorite thing these days . . . the public library. He has rediscovered the joy of free books and movies!
And now, it's Monday and we're starting the week all over again. Here's to a good one!
2 comments:
you are so beautiful!
Boy, Honey! You can deliver some of those lucious looking eclairs to 10718 W. Pattie St. any time you want to! I can't believe you!
You try everything and succeed with all of it!!! Way to go!!!
Travis, you are one lucky guy!!!!
But, you know that - right?
We love you both!!
Post a Comment