Tuesday, October 12, 2010

still loving our weekends.

We are getting more and more use to Trav's new work schedule and loving that we get to spend every second of the weekend together.
This weekend was no exception, as it was a three day weekend for us . . .
Friday night dinner at Subway (high rollers, i know.)
homemade elcairs
shopping and running errands
the Temple
Costa Vida salads
a quick visit to the folks, Atchleys, and the Grants
great Fast and Testimony meeting
Young Women's and Elder's Quorom lessons
Home Teaching
Sunday afternoon in our pajamas
reading Harry Potter
sleeping in
delicious breakfast burritos made by Trav
figuring out how to use my awesome food processor for the first time
fall clean up and the beginning of fall decorating
picnic in the park
no bake cookies
walk on the Greenbelt
impromptu drive to Nampa for some wreath-making supplies
bought pumpkins
homemade butternut and acorn squash soup (de.lish!)

. . . and all of this was done TOGETHER.
(Sorry if you gag every time you read our blog.  We just really like each other.)


 

A big THANK YOU to Columbus for discovering this great continent and to the State of Idaho for paying us to sleep in and hang out together all day Monday.  I love State Holidays!

3 comments:

katina said...

I never gag when I read your blog...I always smile sweetly and think "Ahhhh, Amore." :0) I also love Columbus day!! I haven't gotten to celebrate it since I was a little kid...but Nate had the day off too!! LOVED it!!

Roo said...

No gaging here...I just wish you would post more of your life so I could see you more.:)

Grandma W. said...

Aren't you the lucky ones???!!! We are so glad for you! Enjoy every minute you can together because as life goes on and you have a little family (we hope), you will find it is not as easy to find those times with just the two of you! Now is the time to ENJOY!!! Especially each other!!
We love you!