Thursday, April 28, 2011

easter.

Easter was a simple, lovely day.

Church last weekend was a statewide broadcast for Stake Conference.  Both Saturday night and Sunday morning were a true spiritual feast.  I was grateful for such a wonderful reminder of what Easter is really all about . . .
After church we had a little family gathering at my Mom and Dad's house . . . me, Trav, Mom, Dad, Cindy, Marlin, Kim, Richard, Sarah Jane, Luke, Grandma Bigelow, Papa and Grandma Weldon, Uncle John, Aunt Judi, and Justin.  

I have a rad family.  And I love it when we all (some of us, at least) have little gatherings.  Love 'em all.  Every last one of 'em.


We had a delicious dinner of ham with Uncle John's homemade saucy goodness on top, Aunt Judi's amazing and famous potatoes, salads, homemade rolls (made by yours truly),  and a veggie tray complete with chocolate and caramel eggs (now that's my kind of veggie tray . . . thanks to my awesome mother-in-law!), strawberry angel food cake, and resurrection rolls.

I ate too much.  WAY too much.  But man, it was good!



My cute mother-in-law brought goodies and games for the little and big ;) kids.  We all had a good time decorating easter egg magnets, playing Easter BINGO, and eating too many of the chocolate cadbury egg markers as we played.





As we were all leaving, my folks gave each of us an Easter basket full of delicious, sweet, and juicy oranges.  After all the food and goodies I ate that night, a basket of oranges was the perfect thing!

2 comments:

Roo said...

love the orange basket idea...go PAM!
My dress is from Banana Republic. I got it on sale... it is so comfy!

Grandma W. said...

I would like to repeat all you said about our family, Honey!! It is so much fun getting together. I am just sorry our house is no longer big enough for everyone, but I guess the Good Lord doesn't expect us to do it "all" of our life. We had many a good gatherings on Hill Road didn't we? Easter was fun! The games Cindy, your Mother-in-law had made, were so much fun! I had NEVER had a Cadbury egg, and they are wonderful!! I am behind!!
Love you!