For our date night last week, Trav had the great idea to make some homemade Samoa Cookies . . . you know, like the to die for Girl Scout Cookies? They are my absolute favorite (I could eat a whole box in one sitting).
I decided since we would be making one of my favorite things for dessert, that I'd make one of Trav's favorite things for dinner.
I've never attempted to make an Indian dish before, but this recipe seemed easy enough. It was quite simple and very delicious. Not the healthiest, but hey . . . you gotta live a little, right?
We ate a lot of Indian food on our honeymoon. As I ate this dinner, I was once again longing for the tropical goodness our 10 day honeymoon brought us one year ago!
I'm excited to find and try more great Indian recipes! And next time I do, I'm making this Naan Flatbread for sure.
After dinner we pulled out the handy Kitchen Aid and got to work on these babies.
If you've got the time, they are quite delicious. I must say they are no Girl's Scout Samoa Cookie, but they'll do the trick for the times you can't get the real thing!
5 comments:
i'll hire you BOTH to come and teach me how to cook these lovely recipes you're always brewin' up!
the samoas are my FAV too!
I wasn't going to but now that I just read this and my kids are in bed... I am going to go and open my box of Samoas
i'll pass on the samoas (coconut...blech), but that indian food...YUM! one day you'll have to try our indian restaurant (nepalese/indian actually) on main street. so good.
My Goodness, the cookies look wonderful to me!!! And, so does the Indian dinner! You have such wonderful presentation of everything too! I think you two should start a restaurant! Wouldn't be as much fun then, though! Better keep it like it is!
Love You!
Hey! What do you know? I just put this recipe for Samoa bars on my list and was planning to try it out soon (if I don't eat all the carmels first!). Yum! And Indian food - we LOVE Indian food! They have some great sauces you can get at the grocery store out here that make it quick and easy, so we have Indian food on a regular basis. You continually amaze me with what an incredible, wonderful woman you are. Thanks for your great example. :)
Post a Comment