
Our honeymoon couldn't have been more perfect. We were blessed enough to be able to take a 9 day honeymoon together. After the past year of Travis and I's
cuh-razy schedules and seeing each other 3 times a week, this was a welcome change!
We got to go on a 7 day cruise to Mexico which took us to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. We had perfect weather . . . blue skies, sunny, and HOT the whole week . . . and we enjoyed every second of it!

Here we are checking in and boarding our HUGE ship.


Our ship left out of Long Beach, CA on Sunday around 5:30pm. It was windy, windy, windy when we first left the port! But the crazy wind, thankfully, didn't stick around too long :)



Trav and I at our first night of dinner. Every night, there is a formal dinner in the dining hall. You sit at the same table each night and have the same 2 waiters. Our waiters were Luci and Ramon. Both men from the Phillipines and they were great! Sad . . . we didn't get a picture of them.

Chocolate melting cake! SO GOOD. We got it
every night for dessert. Maybe that's why we gained 5 pounds on our honeymoon.

The first 2 1/2 days were spent 'at sea', while the ship made it's way south, chugging at 30 mph. We loved eating, relaxing, reading, eating some more (oh gosh, the food!) and basking in the sun by the pool, which was right on the edge of the boat. The picture above is right by our lounge chairs we parked ourselves on for a good 4 or 5 hours the first full day at sea.


At the end of the first full day at sea, it was formal night on the ship. Everyone gets dressed up for dinner and parties the night away (unless you are a newly married, LDS couple who doesn't drink ;))
Trav and I got dressed up and ready in time to catch the sunset. It was so beautiful! It was ocean and beautiful, orange and pink sky for as far as the eye could see!


Go ahead, just TRY to tell me he's not the most adorable thing you've ever laid your eyes on.

We got back to our room after diiner and found the maids had come into our room, turned down our beds, left mints on our pillows, the schedule for the next day and a cute teddy bear they made out of hand towels on our bed. And they did this every night! Now, that's pampering!


Our second day of lounging by the pool and in the hot sun we passed by Cabo San Lucas, which we would be spending our day at in a couple of days. It was so exciting to pass by and see the beautiful location we would be returning to. Just shortly after passing Cabo, we saw 3 whales! That was exciting! I was too excited and worried about missing them I didn't even take any pictures :(

The water and sky were seriously
that blue! We couldn't have been luckier!


Our 3 days at sea were so relaxing and fun. We ate way too much, but from the sounds of it, that's what everyone does on a cruise! Travis loved having several hours in a day to read whatever he wanted and not just his school books. And I loved having him by my side every second of the day and night and basking in the sun by the pool. I can't think of a better combination, really.
Stay tuned for more honeymoon fun!
10 comments:
Welcome to married life! I am so happy for you looks like you had so much fun. Love you two!
I can't wait to hear more. I love cruises, we did one for our honeymoon (only 5 days though) and also for our 10 year anniversary! I have to say with how much we ate we had awesome trips, the food is sooooo good!
i am so making richard take me one of these. how silly would it be if we live 30 minutes from the port and never went on one. looks like so much fun!
More pictures, I love seeing them. You two are darling!!
Horray for the newlyweds!!! I want to see more!!! Looks so perfect.
Looks like your honeymoon was a BLAST. Glad you enjoyed it! We are going to have to do a temple night together soon!
and all i can say here is shanty cruise 2011. sorry, trav - you're not invited. but i'll take good care of your woman.
oh, it is so fun to see the pics and hear the stories from your honeymoon. OF COURSE you guys had a blast. I'm so happy for you!
Excited to read days 5-7!
Oh my! What a trip!!! Looks like you did it all and enjoyed every single minute of it! Your pictures are just great! How could they be any different with you two as the main cast!!
WE love you!
Looks like your honeymoon cruise was absolutely perfect!!!! I can't wait to come see your house and catch up. It has been way too long ;)
Post a Comment