The first week of being home from our honeymoon, we were sleeping on my full bed. It's the cutest, white, four post bed you've ever seen and I was having a hard time giving it up. But just a few nights on that thing and I was ready to give it up! Not only is it small for two people, but the mattress is ultra squishy. So sleeping next to a man 50 pounds heavier than you made for a really uncomfortable sleep. Don't get me wrong, I sure love being close to Trav, but my back was not loving it! My folks were kind enough to swap us for their queen size bed for a while and what a difference it has made this week!
We also went on a shopping spree with all of our Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards and this new duvet cover and some really soft (and really cute!) sheets were among our favorite purchases. So between the queen size and really cozy down comforter, we've been sleeping like babies. Now I just need some really cute pillows to finish the bed off.
The weather has been beautiful the past couple of days. In fact, today it is suppose to be 76 degrees! I love spring weather, flowers and blossoms on trees. Thanks, Mom for bringing a little spring into our new little home!
Trav was able to switch work schedules with a co-worker allowing him to be home every night since Wednesday. It has definitely been a welcome change. The down side is it meant he had to go into work every morning at 4:00. Such a trooper and hard worker my husband is. Gosh, I love him!
7 comments:
be grateful your husband weighs 50 pounds more than you. that's all i'm sayin'...
wow you are on top of things...already spending gift cards! David and I haven't had a chance to go and spend our gift cards...oh well we will soon enough!
nice bed. pretty flowers. cute hunny :)
I am so happy for you! Congrats!! I loved looking at all your pictures of your wedding and honeymoon. Glad things are going well, your hubby sounds like a wonderful guy!
you two are so cute.
Oh, Honey! We are so happy for the two of you! Nothing like true love, and you have it! I love your new bed! That was nice of Mom and Dad to trade you for a while! Wait until you get used to a king size bed!!! But, that will be down the road for you kids! You don't want to be that far apart yet!!! We agree on the comments of your hubby!! You are both so lucky!
We love you!
By the way, I am so glad you have posted on your blog!!!!
Cindy! I just found your blog through Danielle's... and I can't believe I just found it the month you were MARRIED. What are the odds? I haven't seen you in forever. Congratulations! You look wonderful, and I'm SO happy for you. He's a lucky guy! :)
- Katie (Sanders) Lewis
Post a Comment