Friday, April 30, 2010

horseshoe bend.

I'm sure your commute to work is much shorter than mine, but I can guarantee it isn't as beautiful!

The week after my wedding my boss, Tyler Cazier, moved his photography studio to the teeny tiny small town of Horseshoe Bend, ID. Population 860. It sits just 19 miles outside of Boise (27 miles from my house), on Highway 55, in a beautiful valley surrounded by high, rolling, green hills.


Many of you know of, or have heard me talk about McCall. A beautiful town in the mountains that hundreds of thousands of folks from the Boise area travel to and from every year to go camping, snow and water skiing, hiking, and anything outdoors. Over the years it has actually turned into quite the resort town . . . and people with lots of money are buying huge homes out there just because they can. Well, you have to go to Horseshoe Bend to get to McCall. And you have to drive right past our photography studio at 25 mph (DON'T speed in Horseshoe Bend, the cops are merciless). So although it may seem cuh-razy to many of you that Tyler moved his studio out there, it's actually quite brilliant. He's thought this one through for years now and I'm confident the man is sitting on a gold mine.

The valley of Horseshoe Bend, taken from half way up the hill I drive everyday.

Tyler is a phenomenal photographer (see for yourself here) who loves to photograph families doing what they love, where they love, and with the people they love. Living in Boise, that means that eighty percent of the time he finds himself driving up Highway 55 towards McCall to create portraits for his clients. So why not move yourself to where the clients are playing and spending their extra money recreating with their families?


Tyler bought the old LDS church building that sits right on Highway 55. He is gutting, remodeling, and adding onto the building. Construction started last week and it gets more and more exciting everyday. He started documenting the journey here, if you'd like to check it out. And please notice the excellent photos on today's post. His favorite and most talented employee took those.

Standing in front of our building, looking down Highway 55. Boise is right over that hill.

Although it's a long drive to and from work, I've really enjoyed myself. It's beautiful, peaceful and there's no traffic. I couldn't help but stop and take some pictures on the way home one day last week to capture the beautiful green hills. And they are even greener this week!


If you ever find yourself driving through Horseshoe Bend, drop by to say 'hi' and check out the new digs. I promise it will be worth the stop!

2 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Hey! That sure was a surprise!! I didn't know that was happening, but then, why would I?? That sure is a beautifil drive!! And, you are lucky! The traffic is mostly going the opposite direction you go! The old/new building looks like it is really going to be nice! I know I sound like your Grandma, but, please do be extra careful driving back and forth!!! We love you!!

Grandma W. said...

I thought I had commented on this, but apparently not! It sounds like such a good thing for Tyler! I surely hope it turnes out just as he expects it to! He is a great photographer for sure! Kind of a long way for you to drive, but looks like it is going to be a nice place! Charge ahead, Tyler!!!
Love you, Cindy!