"Every wedding is a royal wedding. Each man and woman a King and Queen in creation . . . creation of new life."
I watched some of the royal wedding this morning . . . mostly just the grand entrance of the royal family and the exquisite bride and the wedding ceremony.
I was of course completely fascinated by the traditions, class, and elegance of the royal situation. I watched it mostly because I am a little starstruck and I just couldn't wait to see Kate's wedding dress!
As I watched the ceremony, I was completely surprised by the sweet lessons I learned as I listend to the man (a priest of some sort, I am guessing) who delivered a beautiful sermon on what marriage really is and was always intended to be . . . a sacred covenant between man, woman, and God.
Including the quote above, here are a few . . . I believe inspired and of God . . . things the man said:
. "Marriage is a way man and woman help each other become what God always meant them to be."
. "The more we give of self, the richer we become in soul."
. "Whatever the difficulties, we are committed in the way of generous love."
. "Marriage should transform as husband and wife make each other their work of art."
. "As we move towards our partner in love, following the example of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is quickened in us."
I love the first quote listed, it speaks right to me. Since marrying Trav, I truly feel like I am slowly becoming the person God always intended me to be. It's like the man speaking took those words right out of my brain...or like he's been a fly on our wall at home. Trav and I have had this exact conversation many times.
I love the first quote listed, it speaks right to me. Since marrying Trav, I truly feel like I am slowly becoming the person God always intended me to be. It's like the man speaking took those words right out of my brain...or like he's been a fly on our wall at home. Trav and I have had this exact conversation many times.

1 comment:
I watched some of the Royal Wedding too and it was lovely, but not any lovelier than any of our own grandd-children! They are a good looking couple and we surely hope their marriage lasts forever! She is such a beautiful girl, isn't she? But, not a bit prettier than all our girls!!
We love you!
Post a Comment