"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that is present - love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness - the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."
(the footnotes said this quote was by a "personal correspondence")
"Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with grateful hand nor postpone your joys from year to year, to that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily." -Horace, Ancient Roman Philosopher
After reading those quotes, along with the inspired words of our sweet Prophet, I realized I needed to be more "grateful for the abundance that is present" in my life. So on Monday I decided that in an effort to try to better recognize that abundance in my life, I am going to make every Thursday "Thankful Thursday". Yesterday was unfortunately a busy day (work...the dentist {grrrr}...home teaching...and a movie with a friend) so I wasn't able to get my first "Thankful Thursday" post done. So, having a few extra minutes today, I figured it was better late than never!
So as I have pondered over the past week, I realized I started off my week (on Sunday night, in fact) feeling extremely grateful for this great friend...
Tiff and I officially met each other almost a year ago exactly....she came into my life in a funny, funny way...a situation I never imagined would turn out to be so perfect and fantastic :). Over the past year she has become one of my very dearest friends and we've had a whole lot of fun together.
Anyways, the reason I was feeling so grateful for this girl this week is because I called her (in a bit of panic, I might add) on Sunday night at 10:45 pm. She was already in bed...and already asleep. But being the great friend that she is, she answered the phone anyways. When I realized I had woken her up, I felt so bad and told her I was so sorry. She said to me, "Cin, don't be sorry. If I didn't want to talk to you, I wouldn't have answered." See? She is a rockin' good friend. But, it gets better...we preceeded to talk and we talked until a little past midnight! It wasn't until near the end of our conversation that she told me she had to be to work early on Monday morning. The girl was probably hoping to get a good start to her week, but instead she just listened to me and chatted with me and took the panic RIGHT out of me. I woke up on Monday morning and honestly, my first thought was how grateful I am for Tiff.
Anyways, the reason I was feeling so grateful for this girl this week is because I called her (in a bit of panic, I might add) on Sunday night at 10:45 pm. She was already in bed...and already asleep. But being the great friend that she is, she answered the phone anyways. When I realized I had woken her up, I felt so bad and told her I was so sorry. She said to me, "Cin, don't be sorry. If I didn't want to talk to you, I wouldn't have answered." See? She is a rockin' good friend. But, it gets better...we preceeded to talk and we talked until a little past midnight! It wasn't until near the end of our conversation that she told me she had to be to work early on Monday morning. The girl was probably hoping to get a good start to her week, but instead she just listened to me and chatted with me and took the panic RIGHT out of me. I woke up on Monday morning and honestly, my first thought was how grateful I am for Tiff.
8 comments:
Isn't she great!!? I love this girl!!! And I love you too, Cindy! So, I'm super happy that you guys are such good friends! Yea!
Tiff is wonderful and that 80's pic is priceless.
CINDY!!!!! This is like a record. So many posts in one week. You are putting me to shame.
I love those quotes and think I'll hang them on my mirror. We are always living in this, "when I have....I will be happy," mentality. It seems to be human nature. But, just as you have pointed out, we need to stop waiting and start living. We all have things that we wish for and wait for. Thanks for the gentle reminder.
I love you.
Though, I slightly dislike you that you have such a hot bod that you can post swimming suit pics on the web. No fair.
And P.S. That dress you wore to the 80's dance is darling. Do you wear that? You should. If you don't you an D.I. it to me! I love hand me downs. I'm not proud!!!!
See you in a few days!
hello! what's been going on here? i came to your blog today for the first time in a long time fully intending to see the same ol' same ol' and i was actually gonna take it off my blog roll, because i was sure you'd never add anything new, but . . .
WHOA! i am excited! wahoo! new posts from cindy. i almost fainted. keep it up!
Welcome back Dolly! I love seeing all your pictures!! Thanks for sharing your travels, your updates and sharing that you are going to be an Auntie again . . . that makes me a Grandma again!! Life is good, isn't it?!?! Love you, Mom
Yay!!!!! I knew eventually you would be back!!! Life does get us down once in a while, but you keep this perspective you now have for-ever and everything will turn out just as you want it to!! Honey, we have so much to be thankful for, and the number one thing is the wonderful family we have!!! What would we ever do without everyone??? You just don't know how grateful we are that you,and your Mom and Dad are here in Boise!
We love being near you in our last round of our lives (hope this round lasts a long time!) I want to see your future husband and babies too!!!
And, you are so lucky to have a great friend like Tiffany. You will probably have her forever!!
They are the best kind!! I know because I have so many!!!
We love you and keep the Happy Face
:)!! I didn't mean to get so long winded!!!
Cindy! I was just about to post on this very Conference talk on my blog. Way to beat me to it.
glad to see you again!
Cindy!!
Hey, how are you? She sounds like a great friend, I remember when I lived with you and came into your room at like 2 in morning in a panic and walked in cause I saw the light on and you were dead asleep, but still got up to listen to me vent. Thank heavens for amazing friends! I am still very grateful for our friendship!! You are a amazing girl and I am so grateful for you!! Lets get together soon and catch up.
Post a Comment