Thursday, March 19, 2009

thankful thursday.

Today I am thankful I will have these three kiddos running down the driveway to meet me with a hug when I get home from work.





Lisa, Kendon, Sirri, Connor, and Meg are coming for the weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I have particularly missed my nieces and nephew the past couple of weeks and have wished they were closer, so I am grateful for the the time I will be able to spend with them.

Among my favorite moments in life are two things...when these kiddos run down the driveway to meet me and when they sneak into my room early in the morning and get into bed with me. They always open my door as quiet as they can and Sirri almost always says to me, "Aunt Cindy, don't tell mommy I woke you up, she told me to stay out of your room." It cracks me up every time. I can't think of many things better than being woken up by their giggling. It's the perfect wake up call.




"True gratitude is the ability to humbly see, feel, and even receive love. Gratitude is a form of returning love to God. Recognize His hand, tell him so, express your love to him. As you come to truly know the Lord, you will find an intimate relationship built on trust. You will come to know He understands your anguish and will in comparison, always respond to you in love." -Gene R. Cook

4 comments:

Kim said...

you are one lucky lady, but they are 3 lucky kiddos as well to get to see you!!!

wish we got to join you all.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Livi said...

what a great post! Did you take those photos in the beginning? THeyare LOVELY.

robin said...

i wish i was your niece. i'd walk into your room early early early in the morning, whip the blankets off of you and then proceed to sing "you are my sunshine" in my loudest loudest voice. then i'd jump on your bed while i yell, "get up aunt cindy, get up aunt cindy!"

would you still think i was cute?

Grandma W. said...

Yes, you are one lucky Auntie!! If you could have Sarah there, it would really be complete! But, we are so glas they are not any further away than they are!!
Love you!