Tuesday, April 7, 2009

let's go fly a kite!


Saturday afternoon I found kites at the dollar store...two for a dollar...and I simply couldn't resist. So Sunday after General Conference Travis and I headed outside to fly our $o.50 kites...and they couldn't have worked better! It was a beautiful afternoon in the park and we had so much fun reverting back to the days of being a kid :)

(Don't mind the mascara all over my face. Anytime I am outside in the wind my eyes water like CRAZY.)



"With tuppence for paper and strings

You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in a flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite

Oh, oh, oh!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

When you send it flyin' up there
All at once you're lighter than air
You can dance on the breeze
Over houses and trees
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite

Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Let's go fly a kite!"
(Let's Go Fly a Kite, from Mary Poppins)


7 comments:

Kim said...

what a perfect way to spend conference sunday!! so, so, so much fun!

lara said...

hmmm i have been waiting for a picture of the travster...looking good, cin!

robin said...

uh . . . WHO'S TRAVIS?????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!????!!??

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

Kites bring back fun memories from when you and your sisters were little girls. Remember how high your Dad would get your kites!!!
(I knew the pictures would get some reactions from your friends!!)
Love you, Mom

Livi said...

I love love love love love love your photography

Grandma W. said...

What a fun thing to do when the wind is just right! I had no idea that a .50 cent kite would fly like those did! Sure interesting pictures you took!!
Love you!

The Bakers said...

Cindy, you have some explaining to do!!!!