I have been wanting and
needing a dresser for quite some time now. Well, I'd say a year...ever since I moved back in with my parents. I've had the same white, beat up dresser since I was a kid...as long as I can remember really...and I have been wanting to sand it, paint it, and find knobs for it for a really long time now. It just always seemed it got put on the back burner with the million other projects I was always wanting to get done. Well, I finally finished it today! I painted it a simple white and covered the wood knobs with some fabric. I was really wanting knobs from Anthropologie, but with them being $6 a piece, I decided I needed to come up with a just as cute, but cheaper idea. A couple of weeks ago, while working on another fun art project with my dear friend,
Kristie, I had a stroke of genious. Why not just cover the existing wood knobs in some killer cute fabric? So, I got a fat quarter of fabric at JoAnne's for .99 cents and I think they turned out almost as cute as Anthropologie knobs...and they only cost me .10 cents a piece! Eat your heart out Anthrolopologie.
Here is the finished product...




I think I might struggle when I have to go back to work full time in a couple of weeks (pathetic, I know). It has just been SO nice to be able to do things like this. Not only because I need things like a dresser, but I
really enjoy doing these things. I've loved having a few extra hours each week to work on art projects, put things on my blog, stay caught up on my laundry and church calling(s), spend some extra time with friends (:D), exercise everyday, and so on. I can't remember a time in my life since high school that I didn't feel like I was way behind on my 'list'. So, I guess even though my bank account may struggle and I have to find ways to be a bit more savvy and I still live with my parents at 27, these past 2 1/2 months have been quite nice.
7 comments:
It looks great dolly!! And I don't think you are as happy about it as me :) Looks like your shamrock has a new home too! The knobs really are terrific!
Love the idea! I'm totally going to copy it, I have a sad looking dresser too. Thanks Cindy!
Well, look at you Little Miss crafty. You and Kim are rockin' it these days with all your fun creations. I'm jealous.
I think the dresser looks fabulous. Those knobs are darling and ingenious. I think you ought to contact anthropolgie. Maybe you could strike it rich with those babies!!!!
If you come this weekend let's do a project. I would love that. So get your thinker thinkin'!
LOVE YOU.
P.S. Looks like your day in the mountains was fabulous. Beautiful pictures. (as always)
i LOVE it cindy! you are fabulous!
cute, cin!
fabulous work sister!!!
i love this idea.
we have an old white dresser i need to fix up for either sarah or stitch in teh near future so we might just be doing this to the knobs.
love you!!!
Okay you are a genius!!! I love how the knobs turned out and I like how you kept our other project under the radar! Good job my dear! Oh and we need to have another crafty session sometime soon.
Post a Comment