I have always been very grateful for the example of a GREAT marriage my parents have provided for my sisters and I. How grateful I am they were never, and still aren't, afraid to show us how much they love and adore each other. Whether it was kissing and dancing in the kitchen to their song (Unchained Melodies), cuddling on the couch while watching a movie, holding hands everywhere they walk or while sitting in church, leaving each other love notes all over the house, my dad telling my mom what beautiful blue eyes she has out of nowhere at the dinner table, or my mom saying to me, "Gosh, isn't he so handsome?" when she sees my dad walking thru a parking lot to meet us for dinner, or how about the hundreds of bouquets of flowers my dad has sent to my mom over the years on simple, ordinary days just to tell her he loves her. This is just a small list of things my parents have done over the years that have reassured me that they love and care for each other...and always will.
Just a few weeks ago I went to my institute class and the subject was "Celestial Marriage" (a favorite for all young single adults :D). The first thing the teacher did was ask all of us to stand up. She then proceeded to ask us questions about our parent's relationships such as, "If your parents are divorced, please sit down". Then, the questions got a little more personal. The last question she asked was, "Please stay standing if you would be okay with your marriage turning out and being similar to your parent's marriage." I looked around and I was one of four people out of a class of about twenty five people still standing. I was SO proud to still be standing there...and in complete confidence. I can honestly say that if my marriage is similar to my parent's, I will have a very happy life and very happy children. I don't think I could ask for a much greater blessing in this life!
So THANK YOU mom and dad. THANK YOU for being so wonderful to each other. THANK YOU for openly loving each other, for telling each other you love the other every day, and for taking care of each other the best way you know how.
I love you both! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
3 comments:
I SECOND THAT!!!!! I;m not going to say anything else because Cindy said it perfectly! i too am grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Cindy, you have a beautiful way of saying things! Thank you for putting our lives down with your words. Your Dad and I are very very blessed to have found each other and share the love that we do. We have a wonderful life and the best thing that has come out of it are three girls named Kimberly, Lisa and Cindy. We are so proud of all of you and the incredible women that you are! Thank you for the special dedication to an incredible man and his wife! I love you Dolly!
congratulations p.j. and larry!
i love your parents . . .
Post a Comment