Tuesday, May 5, 2009

homesick.

As many of you are probably aware, this past Sunday Elder David A. Bednar was the speaker for the CES broadcast and the broadcast just so happened to be from the campus of BYU-Idaho. I always look forward to the CES Firesides, and this Sunday was definitely no exception. Elder Bednar was the President of BYU-Idaho the whole time I was there and I really grew to love him. As a member of the student body, I had the opportunity to listen to him speak a countless number of times...at weekly devotionals, graduations, firesides, campus activity meetings, and even in much more intimate settings such as Family Home Evening. I consider it one of the most unique opportunities of my life...to have sat at the foot of and taught by an apostle of the Lord

Well anyway, as I sat in that broadcast on Sunday, and when I realized it was being broadcast from the BYU-Idaho campus, I felt a feeling I hadn't felt in years...and it was honestly the feeling of being homesick. I instantly missed the many amazing opportunities I had to be taught not only by Elder Bednar, but by hundreds of other incredible men and women of God every single week at weekly devotionals. I missed the beautiful campus and the incredible professors I became great friends with. I missed Rexburg itself, and the many fun things we use to do there. I missed spending time with my sister on a regular basis. I missed eating at the galley. I missed the Taylors and Bishop Blackham and my ward friends and the Driggs Boys...and my list could go on and on, as my mind honestly raced thru the 4 years of incredible memories I have stashed away in brain.

More than anything, I missed my roommates and best friends. We considered ourselves the luckiest girls on campus because we were sure no one else had a cooler house or cooler roommates than we did. I'll tell you what...we loved each other...and still do! Thank you ladies, for making my college experience extraordinary in every way.







It's been almost 4 1/2 years since I graduated and I still have days that I would give almost anything to go back to those days. I wonder if I'll ever get over it?????

Okay...I did this post this morning and it is now the afternoon, but I had to come back to add this in. I just went to Lara's blog and found she had done a post almost exactly like this on Sunday night! That's funny. I guess great minds think alike! Check out her great post here.

I told you we really do love each other :D I love it!

7 comments:

Livi said...

I HEAR you girl.

Kim said...

has it really been 4 1/2 years since you graduated?!?! time does fly!

i love the last picture of all of you girls at your shanty reunion...that's one hot group of ladies i tell you!!!

i envy your memories of college. i have some good ones but not the same experience you did.

JoJo said...

I miss my college days too. I am an especially sentimental person but it sounds like I have a kindred spirit in YOU.

Pam said...

Oh, how I love all of those girls and miss them too! You all need to come to Boise for a reunion!! I'll do the cooking!!! Love you all, Mama Pam

robin said...

i think i need to do a shanty post now . . .

ricksdl said...

Danny and I get homesick for BYU-I as well. What a great place - and great people!

Nicole said...

I agree, Rick's was seriously the best. I went to four different colleges and Rick's was definitely my favorite. Such a wonderful people and such a wonderful place.