Wednesday, May 20, 2009

weekend 'o fun.

This past weekend was so fun! Travis and I both had Friday off, so we decided to head out of the city for another day in the mountains. We made our way to Idaho City and enjoyed the perfectly sunny day together.


We found a nice little camp ground by the river where we parked the car and hit the road on our bikes. We road all around town, exploring this funny little ghost town.



We found this ca-razy house that was chuck full of junk...and what i thought were hundreds of little treasures. What I would give to tear through this place and make some of this stuff mine. And I am serious when I say it was full...every inch of the outside of the house was covered in signs and 'stuff'. And even the inside...full, full, full. It was amazing, actually. I loved all the colors!






I also loved all the porches on the old buildings...



And I of course found Travis peering into the windows of the library. This kid LOVES to read!


We were trying to get a decent picture of the two of us and I apparently wasn't looking happy enough because after the second try Travis said to me, "Put on your happy face." So this is what I did...and then I got in trouble for making this face. I was only trying to do as I was told...


On our way home from Idaho City, we took a little detour off of Hwy 21 and headed to Arrowrock Reservoir for a bonfire with some friends from the singles branch. It was a good time leaving me sufficiently tired and stinky.




Then, Saturday night after going to a Divine Comedy (comedy group from BYU) performance, we went on a triple date with four of our good friends, Sam and Livi and Sydnee and Landon. I love these people...mostly because they make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts everytime I hang out with them.


It was a great weekend, leaving me feeling very happy that summer is just around the corner!

5 comments:

aubry. said...

what? you had the day off? amazing.

Sheen said...

why don't we live closer?

said it once and i'll say it over and over again: I LOVE YOU!

that looks like so much fun!

Heidi said...

I LOVE picture of you with Travis (the top one) you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Of course the 2nd one is super cute also...I love the goofiness you have!!!

robin said...

so you know i totally clicked on that "happy face" picture to see it bigger to make sure that wasn't an engagement ring on your finger.

lara said...

looks so fun, cindy! i need to be there next time.