As most of you know, my niece, Sirri Jensen, was diagnosed with cancer in the fall of 2008. She is a survivor today! To celebrate and honor her life I, along with my family and some very close friends, am participating in Relay For Life on the evening of Friday, June 25th to help raise money to save the lives of others.


As part of Relay For Life we are expected to raise money to contribute to the efforts of the American Cancer Society. We have a goal of raising $5,000 as a team. In an effort to do my part, I have been working long and hard to get an etsy shop up and running. I have made earrings, necklaces, and hair pins and am currently selling them. 100% of my proceeds will go directly to the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
So, GO . . . Check out my online shop at www.etsy.com/shop/buttonofhope! Relay For Life is only 3 weeks away (my bad!). If you are interested in ordering anything and supporting a REALLY great cause, it would be best to get your order in as soon as possible.
Here is a small sample of what I am selling in my shop . . .
Also, in an effort to improve the way I use my time, I recently closed my Facebook account (see the post below). Therefore, I am feeling very nervous about being able to get the word out to people about my shop in such a short period of time. If any of you feel so inclined, it would mean the world to me if you put a link to my etsy shop on your facebook and/or blogs. THANK YOU in advance!
Our family feels so blessed to have Sirri with us today. For me personally, she is one of the lights and joys of my life. She is my "little squish" and someone I can't imagine life without. She is a healthy and thriving 6 year old who is constantly making us laugh, loves her first grade class, playing with her friends, performing for her family, and painting her fingernails.
With your help, more families will be able to enjoy the outcome we now, so gratefully, enjoy.
7 comments:
you are amazing, cindy! so so creative...i'll pass this on.
and this is on my fb page...and wow! earrings named after me!
Cind, I didn't see all of the things on your blog page in your etsy store. Where can I find those pink flower earrings and blue and yellow hairpins? I love all of this cute stuff!!
yep, i want those pink flower earrings too!!! i am dying for those...and i don't wear earrings! (which means you are AMAZING).
Aha! I can now comment!! I love what you are doing to raise money for Relay for Life! I assume you are selling them in Rexburg too!
Wish you made clip on earrings!!
This is going to be such a fun weekend! I am so glad I get to go!
I am glad you are going to consentrateon your blog instead of
Facebook!!!
Love you!
I got mine in the mail and I LOVE them!!!! Thanks cute girl!
Just posted about this on my blog!! What a sweet sweet little girl!♥
Post a Comment