Monday, June 21, 2010

rex to the burg.

Memorial weekend Trav and I met some of his family in Burley for a night of camping. We decided since we were only 2 hours away, it wouldn't make any sense not to make a trip to Rexburg for an extra night. We were SO glad we did!

The second we pulled up to Kendon and Lisa's house, the kids came running! Nothing better than three really excited {adorable} kids just because YOU are there.


The first thing the kids wanted to show us was their baby chics. They are raising a bunch of chics this summer and are so proud. Each one of them has their 'own' and has given them names.

Uncle Travis and Connor spent a lot of time out there chasing them around. Connor and Trav are best buddies and I love nothing more. I absolutely adore this picture. You can see the love the two of them have for each other. I was pretty sure I should marry Travis the very first time the kids met him. They feel instantly in love. So grateful for a really sweet nephew and a really great husband.



For dinner we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows in their backyard. Last summer Kendon worked his bumm off clearing out the orchard behind their yard and built this fire pit. The kids loved roasting the marshmallows. I think each of them had at least four. Four marshmallows makes for three really sticky kids!



Monday morning when camping with Trav's family, I woke up with a migraine. I had one of my prescription pain meds (specifically for migraines) and took it. But unfortunately, it was the only one I had with me . . . and I knew the migraine would be back 12 hours later, just like it is every month.

We went to bed Monday night around 11:00 and my head hurt, but I was surviving. And then I woke up around 3:00 am . . . miserable. Migraines are like no other pain I've experienced. AWFUL. I tried really hard to not toss and turn too much so Trav could sleep, but he woke up due to my restlessness. Then Lisa woke up because Meggers had had a nightmare. The two of them then ended up working together, calling a couple places in town to see if anyone was open in the middle of night and carried Excedrin Migraine. They finally found a Maverik in town that was open and did carry the Excedrin, so Trav got in the car at 4:00 am and drove into town. Every minute that went by I felt worse and worse. I could hardly wait for him to get back.

When he got back, Lisa woke up Kendon and he and Trav gave me a priesthood blessing. About five minutes after I threw up . . . and then I was even more worried. I knew I was in for a long, miserable night. But much to my surprise (and obviously lack of faith), I fell asleep until about 7:00 in the morning. I was so grateful for the rest I was able to get. I know it was the blessing that enabled me to sleep. It's happened before . . . Trav and I were in Salt Lake at his dad's and I got a migraine and had none of my prescription meds with me. I was hurting like I have never hurt before. We were up for hours, sick, sick, sick before Trav gave me a blessing. About 30 minutes after the blessing, I fell fast asleep for a few hours.

How grateful I am for a worthy priesthood holder of a husband. It is definitely among my greatest blessings. I know it has and will continue to bless our little family in many ways.

Like I said, Travis and Connor have become great buddies. They spent the morning together . . . driving to Walmart first thing to pick up a prescription for me and rough housing. I hope they are buddies like this forever.


Once I finally felt like human again, we cleaned ourselves up and headed to campus. We made our traditional visit to Bishop Ches Blackham in the BYU-I bookstore so Trav could meet him. It is always a joy to see that wonderful man. He has such a deep and lasting love for those he serves.

And then we made a stop into the Manwaring Center. What the MC?!!? This is nothing like the MC we had when I was attending BYU-Idaho. These kids have wifi, spacious places to hang out and study, and every kind of delicious meal and dessert you can imagine. Nothing like the nasty bagels, pizza, and salad bar we had to choose from!


No comments: