Monday, July 5, 2010

Queen of Hearts.

. . . to the Queen of {our} Hearts!

While in Rexburg for Relay for Life, we also celebrated Grandma Weldon's 80th birthday.

My sister, Kim, and my Aunt Patty came up with the theme 'Queen of Hearts' for the birthday bash. Grandma has always loved playing cards with her girlfriends and family. And she truly is the 'Queen of Hearts.' The lady has the biggest, most loving AND lovable heart of anyone you will ever meet. She is the true definition of one with a heart of pure gold.

The celebration was complete with adorable outfits for the great-grandkids made by my ridiculously talented and creative sisters . . .

. . . and lots of fun decorations put together {mostly} by yours truly.

I can't take credit for the pretty centerpieces. Those were mostly Kim.

But I did make these c.u.t.e buntings out of playing cards (with the help of my husband).
And I guess I should admit they weren't my idea. Pretty sure the brilliance came from Lisa.

But they sure did look cute hanging from the fences and trees!

And I can take full credit for the adorable 'Happy Birthday' banner at the very top of the post. It was the first bunting I've ever attempted and I'm loving the outcome. I'm totally hooked to buntings now. . . I've thought of lots of other buntings I can make to hang in my house for various occasions!

If only I would have gotten a picture of the cute cupcake idea I came up with. Just imagine cute, itty, bitty playing cards on the top of each cupcake complete with red sprinkles. Yep, totally cute.


The grandchildren and great-grandchildren with Papa and Grandma Weldon.

Aunt Patty {Aunt Bubbles} lovin' on Meggers.


Uncle Travis still sits on the throne of favorite Uncle . . .



Kendon and Lisa's backyard was the perfect setting for a summertime birthday party. They have an incredible backyard complete with an orchard with a firepit, a HUGE garden, a teeny little canal just the right size for kids to splash in, a teather pole, trampoline, huge grassy area, big shady trees, and the beautiful blue Rexburg sky. Heaven.


Lisa kicking Kendon's trash in teather ball. Oh wait, she kicked everyone's bumm . . . more than once. I didn't dare step up to that pole. She's a killer.


It was a great weekend spent celebrating the lives of two awesome ladies . . .
Sirri and Grandma Weldon!

2 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Thank you! The pictures are great!
I am so glad you take all of them,
Cindy! You do such a wonderful job and that was such an awesome afternoon! I can't thank everyone enough for all you did! Everyone that was there just loved it and loves our wonderful family!!! You are all the very best!!!! I love Lisa and Kendon's place! Just hope one of these years they can put a nice house on the land! But, they are happy and that is what counts!!!
We love you!

Livi said...

what a cute party!!!