Saturday, July 10, 2010

You Are Right.


Dear Travis,

This morning when I woke up, rolled over and told you good morning followed by an "I love you," you said to me, "I love you too. But you especially love me when I wake up in the middle of the night to get you water and look up the instructions for your migraine medicine, don't you?"

For some reason, I've thought a lot about that this morning. And I've decided you are right . . . totally right. I especially love you during times like that. Times when you wake up to be with me when I'm not feeling good even though you have a full work day ahead of you. Or times when I don't have to get up from the dinner table to get more water because you insist on getting up for me. And then there is the million times you have taken out the trash or cleaned the bathroom or done the dishes for me (let's be honest, I rarely do these things). Or when you help me package all of my Button of Hope sales and take them to the post office for me. So ya, you are right . . . I really love you when do these things for me.

What I am saying is, sometimes I don't know how I survived 28 1/2 years without you. I'm not sure how I got everything done or survived the thousand migraines I got before you.

I love you for being the perfect example of selfless service and taking care of those around you. Like I told everyone the day we got married, I love you for your kind, good heart. I love you and thank you for being my sweet, sweet husband.

Love, love, love . . .
Cindy Jean

3 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Always remember how "lucky" you are,Honey! Because, men like Travis are very few and far between! I am sure when you start having your little family, he will also be a super Dad! He reminds me of someone else and I think you know who I mean!! We love them both too! So glad you two got together when you did!!!
We love both of you!!

Kristen said...

Cindy this post made me cry, because I love that you are so great that you recognize that Travis is so wonderful. I love the two of you together, thank you for being so perfect for my brother.

Roo said...

Oh! That was a sweet letter!!!