Monday, March 7, 2011

the joy of cooking.

The past couple of months I have really discovered just how much I enjoy cooking. 

I get excited about coming up with a new, fun, and delicious meal for dinner about every night.  I definitely still have my nights that I get home from work and have no desire to cook, but they seem to be getting and fewer and further between.

Finally having someone to cook for and not just myself (what's the fun in making an amazing meal and sitting down to the table by yourself) has been one of the very fun aspects of being married.

Here are a few favorites I've whipped together the past couple of weeks . . .



This was inspired by a meal at an amazing Italian restaurant with some of our dearest friends, the Grants a few months back.  When I was eating it at the restaurant I thought for sure I could figure this one out myself.  I did and we both loved it!



This was gooooood.  I think I'm going to make it again this week.  We've got all the fixin's with exception to the pizza dough.  Yum!



Yuuuuum!  This was an amazing soup.  It was given to me by one of my nearest and dearest . . . Cat.  She gave it to me in a recipe box my sweet, sweet Grandmother (the one who leave all of the cute comments on each post) put together and gave to me at my bridal shower.   It's taken me almost a year to make but definitely won't take me another year to make again!



These really don't take any skill but they have been one of our favorite breakfast meals the past couple of weeks.  I love the variations you can do.  This morning we had a mango-strawberry-banana-spinach smoothie that was delish!



Our other favorite breakfast meal these days.  Quite healthy, full of protein, keeps me full for 3 or 4 hours, and quite yummy.  Try the Protein Packed Pumpkin Breakfast Cookie (I don't use protein powder in mine).  Oh me, oh my . . . so good!

What are some of your favorite, go to recipes?  Please share . . . I'm always looking for something new and good!

1 comment:

lara said...

um delicious? i eat the same 4 things (that i absolutely love)! i should bring some of my recipes to boise so we can exchange!

i have an awesome breakfast recipe too...i'll give it to you.

and the pizza? DREAMY.