Wednesday, March 23, 2011

reminiscing on a surprise.


 Two days before my wedding . . . on Tuesday the 23rd . . . I went into work for a couple hours to tie up some loose ends before being gone for over two weeks.  My mom told me she was going to come by to pay her final bill for the family portrait Tyler took of our family that winter.  If I remember correctly she was suppose to be there at 10:00am.  She called me at 10:00 and said she had some troubles at the rental place (where she was picking up extra tables for the reception) and that traffic and construction were both terrible.  She said she would be at least another 30 minutes.  I will admit I was bugged because I had several things I wanted to get done that day and well, I was ready to get married and I was more than ready for my two and half week vacation to start.

45 minutes had rolled by and my mom still wasn't there.  I called her (probably sounding a bit irritated - sorry Mom!) and she said she would be there in 15 minutes.  I could not be a brat and wait another measly 15 minutes I told her and myself.

About 15 minutes she finally got there.  Sirri had decided to go run the errands with my mom and she was the first one to jump out of the van.  Next thing I know she said, "Aunt Cindy, there's something in the van for you."  I thought she was just talking about all the wedding things my Mom had been picking up that day.  So I went to open the van door and Lara pops out from the back seat of the car!  I jumped back and screamed because as far as I knew she wasn't suppose to get to Boise until Wednesday evening.  It was definitely a surprise to find her there!

It was such a fun surprise to her there with me the couple of days before my wedding.  She took me shopping for fun things, went to my dentist appointment with me, she gave me too many generous gifts, we went out to lunch, ran errands, finalized a few wedding details, and stayed up late talking.

I'm so grateful for a best friend who was so supportive and excited for me during such an important time of my life.  Thank you for all you did for me, Lar.  You spoiled me in so many ways!

I can't wait to return the favor one day!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Aren't best friends the best? I love that you have her she seemed like such a sweetie when I saw her at your wedding!!

lara said...

i love you, cindy! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!the kids are taking their horrendous csap tests right now, and i'm crying. haha! this was the best surprise ever. happy anniversary tomorrow
xo

Grandma W. said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a special friend??!! I do hope some wonderful man comes along ang just sweeps Lara off her feet! She is such a wonderful girl! I am glad you have her and she will always be "special" to you and Travis!!
WE love you!