Wednesday, March 23, 2011

a sweet husband makes everything better.

 Remember how I told you I recently had to have a retreat on a root canal done?  And remember how I told you it was the most miserable dental experience of my life?  Ugh.  It was awful.  I hope none of you ever have to go through it.  I wouldn't even wish it upon that mean old man.

I've never been so numbed in my life.  The Endodontist even stuck that numbing needle and numbing juice in the roof of my mouth!  Whaaaaaat???  In my hundreds of experiences of being numbed I never had to have that done!  It made my throat feel like it was swelling shut yesterday during the whole procedure and for a few hours after.  So horrible.

Here's what I looked like when I tried to make a kissy face after the first round two weeks ago.  This was even 6 hours after the fact.  That's some tough stuff . . .


Like I mentioned, because the first go round was so awful I was really nervous and anxious about my second round of treatment on Monday.   Trav of course knew how nervous I was and how miserable last time was.  He sent me sweet texts throughout the day making sure I knew he was thinking of and praying for me.  Such a sweet husband.

Then I came home to find all of this stuff waiting for me . . .


Beautiful spring flowers, a sweet note, kleenex, and some of my favorite goodies.  "All things I don't have to chew" as Trav told me.

I am grateful every single day for that sweet husband of mine.  He takes such good care of me and is sure to tell me and show me daily how much he loves me.  I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm sure grateful he's the one I have to lean on when I have rough or painful days.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Ohhh, Owwww. I really hope that you are not in to much pain sweet girl. Feel better soon, Trav is so good at taking care of you. I think everyone he meets loves him.

lara said...

feel better, cin! terrible stuff. terrible. glad travis is there to take care of you!

Grandma W. said...

YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE THAT BOY FOR YOUR HUSBAND!! And, we are so blessed you two became husband and wife! We will never have to worry about either one of you!! Thank the Good Lord for our Grandchildren, and their spouses!
If we can have the same for the ones who have not married yet, all will be well!
We love you!