Trav made his first loaf of bread last weekend!
A lady he works with gave us some sourdough starter she made herself out of grapes she grows in her yard. He's been dying to make it for weeks and he finally did last weekend. We didn't have enough white flour so he made it with half white flour and half wheat flour. Let me tell you, the bread was SO GOOD!
This week I bought some more white flour so last night he whipped up another loaf of bread . . .
While it was rising in the warm microwave, we made and ate dinner and then Kim and family came for a visit. We then headed out the door to visit some friends and were gone for 4 1/2 hours. We totally forgot about the bread rising!
We opened the microwave and this is what we found . . .
WHOOPS!
Trav, being the no big deal kind of guy (I was sad and ready to throw it away) said, "No problem. I'll just fold the gooshing sides over the top and cook it." Cook it he did and it turned out amazing! I toasted a piece after work today, slapped a little organic peanut butter on there and it was heavenly.
How many women are lucky enough to have homemade bread making husbands? I don't think very many. Everyday this man gives me another reason to love him.
I consider myself very lucky.
2 comments:
bahahahaha. this made me laugh out loud. HOW CUTE! :)
My Goodness!! How lucky to have a cook as well as a wonderful husband!!! I would have liked to have seen the loaf that came out of the microwave all baked!!
Nothing better than WARM home made bread!!!
We love you!
Post a Comment