Tuesday, March 22, 2011

thank you.

It's our anniversary week!  Can you believe this Friday we will celebrate our 1st anniversary?  Gosh, I can't!  This first year of marriage has definitely gone by way too fast.  

Being the sentimental sap that I am, I can't help but think back and reminisce to a year ago and think of the craziness and fun that this week was.  Our wedding could not have been more perfect.  And the week leading up to it was such a special, unforgettable time.

As I've thought this week, I've realized there are several things I never blogged about that I always wanted to.  The first and one of the most important is a HUGE THANK YOU that has gone left unsaid.  

To my awesome family (especially my mother who arranged everything) who spent the evening of our wedding dipping hundreds of beautiful, delicious strawberries and getting the food ready for the reception the next day.  I know you stayed up extra late and got up extra early the next morning to make sure everything would be perfect for our wedding reception.



And to my awesome brother-in-law, Richard, who let us crash his 42nd party by getting married on his birthday!



And to the friends and family who got up early on Friday to help my mother get the reception hall ready for the big party.  THANK YOU for sacrificing your vacation days, time off, and early morning to make Trav and I's wedding perfect.


I know these flower ball puff things were quite the undertaking and were the subject of much debate and conversation.  Thank you my sweet Shanty Girls.  The outcome was perfect.






I was so pleased with the way everything turned out.  I couldn't have been more happy with the way everything went those two days and I know it never would have been that way without the help of all of you.

THANK YOU Mom, Dad, Kim, Rich, Lisa, Kendon, Aunt Patty, Aunt Penny, Grandma, Bill, Janna, Cindy, Kristen, Lara, Aubry, Andi, Robin, Corrina, Hannah, Aunt Carla, Jonathan, Jill, Nancy, Val . . . and everyone else I know I am missing.

Thank you for helping make our wedding the sweetest of memories.

5 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

You're welcome.

Even though, no one expects a thank you. We did it cause we love you!

Sheen said...

i still feel so bad we weren't able to make it. :(

it looked like it turned out so good! and are gorgeous as ever in your beautiful dress!

happy anniversary week! :)

robin said...

i wouldn't have missed it! oh wait, i did...

but not really!

but kind of...

aubry. said...

16574651 devil-eyes pictures of that makeup-less girl on a ladder.

cute.

Kirsten said...

the pictures reminded me of everyone getting ready for the infamous shanty dates (oh, i can imagine the conversation around those pompoms)
wish i could have been there