Saturday, May 15, 2010

another wedding . . .

Last weekend, I photographed a wedding for some of my friends. It has been a long time since I have photographed a wedding (almost a year!) so I was REALLY nervous. Especially since they were friends of mine and had really high expectations! Elise (the bride) is the kind of girl who has dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl and is also a very creative person with an artistic eye. Knowing these things made me more nervous than I already would have been!

The weather turned out to be perfect (there were DARK clouds first thing in the morning making us very nervous), the bride and groom were glowing, and I had my friend, Cami, along for the ride assisting me making things 100 times easier. Considering I hadn't photographed a wedding for a while, I'm pretty happy with how their portraits turned out.





Kalob and Elise and I have a lot of great friends in common and so many that I haven't seen in such a long time were there. Take for example, my friend Justin. SUCH a fun, loving person. It had been months since we had seen each other and caught up. It was so great to see him and get updated on his life and how happy he is!


Like all Saturdays, Trav had to work at 5:00 in the morning, so I woke up to an empty bed . . . which always makes me miss him terribly. There's just something about not seeing him first thing in the morning that makes me miss him all day long. Because I was photographing the wedding all day, we really didn't see each other until he showed up at the reception. I was so happy to see him! Not only did not seeing him in the morning make me miss him, but being around all of this lovey, wedding stuff made it even worse.

A big congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Komma! Thank you for trusting me enough to be a part of your big day. I had a blast!

2 comments:

Cortland Honn said...

WOW!!! they turned out amazing! and im so happy i got the one of your lover eating you;) what a fun and wonderful day. thank you sooo much for letting me come!
<3 Cami

Grandma W. said...

Beautiful! I am sure all the pictures turned out lovely! You do such a good job! Isn't it funny how you become attached to another person so quickly? And, you miss him even if he is a work!!
That's the way! And, don't change!
Love you!