Wednesday, May 19, 2010

cutting our {cup}cake.

Even though Travis and I ended up standing in one place for our whole reception, we had such a good time. The line of people seemed to be never ending for 2 1/2 hours (sorry to those of you who endured it). And by the time 9:30pm rolled around, we were still chatting it up with our guests, not quite ready for the fun to end.

At about 9:45, Travis looked at me and asked when we were going to cut our {cup}cake. At that moment, we both looked over at the {cup}cake table to find it being cleared off! I asked my mom if we could please cut our {cup}cake and she looked at me like, "Oh, you still want to do those kinds of things?" Of course we did! We only get to feed each other our wedding {cup}cake once!



Trav has told me more than once that he so badly wanted to shove the cake in my face and make a mess . . . and only because he had 17 people hollering at him from the crowd (my mother especially) telling him to be nice.

I kind of wanted to do the same . . .


Our cupcakes were made by my wonderful and talented sister in-law, Kristen. She and my mother in-law Cindy baked and decorated all 300 cupcakes on Thursday night after the wedding and Friday morning before the reception. It was a true labor of love and I love how they turned out! A HUGE THANK YOU to both of you!

Now if only Trav and I could have partaken of all these delicious treats . . .

4 comments:

Kristen said...

They do look awesome huh? They didn't taste to shabby either. (wink) I love looking at pictures from your wedding, you look so beautiful and Trav looks like a handsome stud!

Pam said...

Thank you for Travis for doing the nice thing. Your mother raised a gentleman and we are glad that you are part ours now!

Aunt Penny said...

Oh, what a great reminder of the fun we all had. You are both so lucky to have each other. And Mother's Day gifts before you are a mother? Yes, you are lucky! Love you both.

Grandma W. said...

Of course, you had to cut the cake!
I loved the cupcakes! They were all so pretty. I did not get to eat one though! Too many people wanted to visit and I felt guilty sitting down any longer at our table as there were so many people waiting to sit down! Yes, that certainly was a labor of love!!
But, so pretty!!
Love you!