Tuesday, May 25, 2010

our first camping trip.

Trav and I ventured out last week for our first camping trip.

My awesome sisters and a few of my college girlfriends all pitched in together and gave us ALL of our camping gear as a wedding present . . . tarp, camp chairs, lantern, cooler, mallet, air mattress, and camp stove.
BEST. WEDDING. GIFT. EVER.


We packed up all of our gear and headed out on Monday afternoon, planning to not come home until Wednesday morning. We had awesome meals planned and an all day hike and natural hot springs planned for Tuesday. Well, after a weekend of 80+ degree weather, Mother Nature played a mean trick on us. The second we pulled into the campground, it started to drizzle. And literally one minute after getting the tent set up, the skies opened and spilled all it's guts. And it never really stopped.

It rained all Monday night and Tuesday morning. 16 hours of rain and 2 wet sleeping bags later we decided to pack up and head home Tuesday around noon.

We were a bit sad our first camping trip didn't end up as planned, but we still had a great time together. It's so nice being married to someone you love to be with (duh, right?). You don't have to do anything fancy. You can be stuck in a wet tent for hours and still enjoy each other's company.

Next time, we'll buy a canopy we can set up over the picnic table on our way out of town.

3 comments:

Roo said...

oooo...camping. I think you would be so fun to camp with. Sad we have never done it.
I love that you are blogging so much. I feel like we are staying in each others lives so much more and I can't get enough. love and miss you!!!

lara said...

I love seeing all of this camping stuff put to use! Love you!!!!

Grandma W. said...

That surely was a wonderful wedding
gift!! It usually takes ages to get everything like that together!
At least you went camping and tried! There will be a lot more times you can go and it will be
beautiful for you!! It is so fun to go when you have everything to go with!!
Love you!