After photographing the wedding last Saturday, I came home to all sorts of Mother's Day surprises from my sweet, sweet husband. In every room of the house, there was a surprise along with a sweet note. 'Mother in the Making' gifts I guess :)

These beautiful flowers are still alive and look exactly the same a week later. I love having fresh flowers on my table!


He even picked out four great nail polish colors for me! Now, that's love.

Trav loves to buy me technology for gifts. An fm transmitter for my birthday, an ipod touch for Christmas and now ink cartridges and thumb drive for mother's day :). I actually like it . . . they are all things I had been wanting and needing.

Then, we went to my mom and dad's house for Mother's Day dinner on Sunday. My sweet mom got me a sewing machine! It's a really old Viking that a lady she works with was selling for really inexpensive. So she picked it up for me!

My sister, Kim, has picked up the art of sewing over the past couple of years and has turned into an incredible seamstress and has really inspired both Lisa and I. Our good family friend, Frances, who you could basically consider a professional seamstress, gave it a test run on Sunday. She said it is a great machine and will be perfect for me to learn on. I'm looking into some classes at JoAnn's for my friend and Kristie and I to take together. Hopefully sometime in the near future I will have some creations to share!
6 comments:
ipod touch and a sewing machine!!!! you lucky duck how fun :)
And what an incredible Mother you will be! Good job Travis! You are a sweet and kind husband!! Love,
Mom
Good job Travis!!!! I am so excited to learn the art of sewing with you! We will have a ton of fun!
how sweet of him to do all those lovely things for you! :) You are one lucky girl!
travis is so sweet...i'll never forget the paper ice cream cones.
Oh Boy! He is really spoiling you right away! But, that is good!
I am so glad your Mom got you the machine! It will be great to learn on, and you will! It is a great thing to do! I used to love to make things for the girls when they were little, but I just didn't have the seamstress blood in my veins. Penny got it all from me!! Now, there is a girl who can do it! Just like Francis!
Kim is coming in right behind!!
I love you!
Post a Comment