Wednesday, May 5, 2010

honeymoon. day 7 and 8 . . .

Our last day and a half were spent on the ship, as it cruised it's way north, back to Long Beach, CA. The cruise north was really rough . . . we were going against the current at 30mph, with 25 mph winds and 10 foot swells! It was not so great on my sensitive stomach.

Like I mentioned before, our housekeepers would make different animals out of our towels and leave them on our bed with mints and the next day's itinerary. The last night, we came back to our room to a heart. How appropriate . . .

Trav and I, bags packed, waiting for our number to be called to disembark the ship :( We were definitely ready to stop eating so much food, but not ready for the magic of a honeymoon to end!

Boo for school, internships, work, and Monday nights sleeping alone (which by the way, as of yesterday, are OVER!!! Trav graduates next Tuesday!)

Sad. This is the only picture I got from our stay with the Atchley's.

Our ship got back to Long Beach on Sunday morning at 10:00am and our flight didn't leave Los Angeles until Monday at 1:00pm. So Kim picked us up and we were able to spend Easter Sunday with her family. What a great way to end an amazing trip . . . playing with Sarah Jane and Luke, watching General Conference, crafting with my oh so talented sister, taking a Sunday evening stroll in the park above the beach in Santa Monica with the Atchley's, and enjoying Kim's delicious homemade dinners. Thank you so much Atchley's . . . we were so happy to see you after the craziness of the wedding!


Our honeymoon was an incredible nine days for us. My boss, Tyler, and I were talking today about cruises. He said to me, "I bet you guys are so happy you went on a cruise for your honeymoon. I bet you had a lot of fun together. And I bet you'll think back to that week with fondness for years to come." And he's right. I'm so grateful we went! We were thinking about doing something much more simple and saving our pennies. But it was worth every penny and more. I already do think of that week and browse through our pictures often. And every time I do, I get butterflies in my stomach . . . remembering how magical it was. We had a blast together wandering the streets of Mexico, soaking up the sun and sand, eating way too much food, talking and dreaming about our future, watching movies in our room, and spending twenty four hours a day together. It was the perfect start to a great life together!

3 comments:

David & Heidi said...

So glad you blogged about every day of your honeymoon. Such a great way to remember it! Maybe I'll do the same! :)

Grandma W. said...

You did it just right!! And, you can keep all that happiness for the rest of your married life! You have had some very good teachers! Besides, we are just positive you will stay that way!
We love both of you so much! We are so happy you found each other!
The Good Lord at work!!!

Grandma W. said...

How did I ever miss this one??!!
I know you had a wonderful trip and am glad you did it now! It is never quite the same if you wait!
Like you say, everything was so magical and I don't think you can ever quite repeat it! I am so glad you decided to do it!
Love you!