For me, it all started 17 years ago, in Mr. Beebe and Mrs. Brooke's 6th grade class.
Andi, Stacy, and I ended up in all the same classes that year. I already kind of knew Stacy and Abby from church, but this is when it all really began. Andi . . . who was already good friends with Kelsey . . . and Stacy and I became classroom buddies. Then Stacy brought along Abby who was already great friends with Tenley into my world that same year and the rest is history. The six of us were inseparable throughout middle school and high school.
Many affectionately referred to us as the "E's" (as all of our names end in the eeeee sound) and Abby coined us The Chica Naglas.
Well now here we are, all grown up . . . married . . . and all {but me} with 2 children (Well, as you can see Andi almost has 2)!
Miss Abby organized a get together over the Christmas holiday when she was in town. As usual, it was wonderful seeing each one and spending time laughing and reminiscing. We missed Tenley who was nursing a sick baby back to health and Kelsey who was an ocean away, basking in the warm Hawaiian sun.
{I have to say, Abby and Stacy don't normally dress like this. Abby explains it best here.}
At one point, the four of us girls were sitting at the table together, talking about the golden days, while our husbands were bonding in the kitchen with some man talk. All of the sudden Abby bursted into laughter and said, "Look at our husbands girls. This is what we use to talk and dream about at all of our slumber parties!"
She was right . . . look at these 4 handsome fellas, lucky enough to have us as their wives!
I'll always be grateful for these 5 lovely girls who helped me through the most pivotal teenage years of my life. I just pray my kids find friends as good as these.


3 comments:
Isn't that just the greatest to be able to get together again with your dearest friends from school?
And, I for one, can sure vouch for them as being such sweet and fun girls! I am so glad I can and had the opportunity to get to know them! I only have two of my seven best friends left and we are still good friends! They are both away, but we do keep in touch! Hopefully, you can do the same!!
We love you!
AWWWWWW! Love those girls!!!
they guy next to Travis looks super familiar, i feel like i knew him at BYUI
Post a Comment