The Mr. had a birthday last week.
I gave him a couple different options of things I had planned to do (bowling, movies, out to dinner, etc.) and he chose to celebrate the simple way . . . by staying home.
It was a lovely evening. I made him one of his very favorite meals (which you can find right here), we watched the new Robin Hood (I maybe fell asleep) and we ate ice cream cake.
I did do a little decorating while he was at work. Just some simple little things for him to come home to.
This was my personal favorite. He was quite surprised when he opened the cupboard :)
It's not the prettiest cake you've ever seen, but my man loves ice cream more than any other treat. And getting cold, frozen ice cream into an oreo pie crust pretty-like is not the easiest thing I've ever done.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRAVIS!
I sure love you and look forward to many, many more birthday celebrations!
4 comments:
What a great way to spend his day!
I love you kids similicity! And, then, he got to celebrate again with your Mom and some of our family! That was so fun too and your dinner was super! Thank you again! I can't believe your Mom and Dad are 57 years old!!!!! We know what that makes us!!!
We love you!
I think you need to shove some more candles on that (ice cream) cake... the mister is getting OLD! Love you both!!
you are darling-- LOVE the decorations! Happy late birthday to Travis-- he's lucky I even texted him since he's made me paranoid the 5th isn't his birthday for the last 10 years! ;)
I love it!
Post a Comment